The Cost of Replacement Windows in Columbus, Ohio
As with many home improvement projects, window replacement can be a big financial and time investment, so doing your due diligence and getting several quotes for window replacement is critical to the success of your project. If you are new to the process, you may be wondering how to go about determining the cost of replacement windows for your Columbus, Ohio home. A qualified replacement window contractor like HEGG Windows & Doors can work with you on getting an estimate that answers your questions and addresses the needs for your central Ohio project.
Why Can’t I Get a Replacement Window Quote on the Phone?
One of the most common questions for replacement contractors is “how much does X cost?”. While this question seems innocent at first, it downplays the importance of a customized solution and the variables that inevitably affect the window replacement project. These variables can raise or lower the cost of a project, so giving a ballpark on the phone would be doing a disservice to the customer. Various aspects of the project can have a drastic impact on the cost of replacement windows, including:
- Sizing- It goes without saying that a larger window typically costs more, but sometimes even small differences in sizing can change the pricing.
- Style- Windows come in a variety of shapes and styles, including double hung windows, casement windows, glider windows, and more. Choosing one style over another can impact the cost of your replacement window project.
- Color- The color of your window replacement project can alter the overall aesthetics of your home, but it can also affect the cost of replacement windows as well. Are the windows wood that will need stained? Is the interior color different from the outside? These are factors that go into determining the cost of your project.
- Grids- Choosing to include grids/grilles on your replacement windows can add character to the home, but it also can increase the overall cost of the project.
- Installation Technique- No matter what brand of window you purchase, the installation technique has a dramatic effect on the performance of your replacement windows. Discussing various approaches to installation will also impact the cost of your replacement window project
As you can see from the factors listed above, the best way to get an accurate price for window replacement is to set up an appointment with a window contractor. That contractor should come out to your home to take measurements, discuss various options, and inspect the project site. Not only will this allow the contractor to provide a more accurate price, but it will also allow you to vet the contractor to determine if he or she is someone you feel you can trust with your home improvement project.
The HEGG Difference
As a replacement window contractor serving the Columbus, Ohio area, HEGG Windows & Doors has extensive experience providing and installing windows for Central Ohio residents. HEGG prides itself on customer service and strives to offer the best window replacement experience in the market. HEGG’s no-pressure sales approach means it works hard to find the appropriate solutions for customers and give transparent pricing so customers can determine the best option for their specific project.
Want to find out the cost of replacement windows for your project? Click here to sign up for an estimate.